Vixia HF G10 camcorder is Canon's high-end offering for 2011. Though it is an old camera for some users, packed with so many mouth-watering features and functions it doesn't seem to right to call this model a 'consumer camcorder'. Yet, still at a consumer price-point the HF G10 brings professional capabilities to those who seek to do more while staying within the means of their budget.
However, I could'd ingest videos from HF G10 into FCP X after I upgraded my Mac OS X to Mountain Lion 10.8.2. I tried importing several times, but I failed in the end. Searched widely and I got know, that VIXIA HF G10 brings professional capabilities; however, AVCHD is highly compressed and not ideal for editing with Final Cut Pro. Although, Apple has claimed FCP X can natively support AVCHD files, but in fact it can not support AVCHD files from all the camcorders and with many problems less success just like the issues occurred on this VIXIA HF G10, particularly those FCPX softwares worked on OS Mountain Lion. Since Apple ProRes is the codec natively supported by FCP, you’d better to convert Canon 1080p or 1080i MTS to ProRes with a third party Prores converter to avoid any potential problems.
To achieve the goal smoothly, I am using Brorsoft MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac which is one of the best Mac compatible AVCHD conversion tool I've found and applied. I’ve used it to convert the 1080p AVCHD from my Canon Vixia HF G10 to ProRes 422 for FCP X successfully. Plus, this tool can also help you to convert Canon AVCHD to iMovie, Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Express, with various preset video formats for editing software. Very intuitive and easy to use. Also, you can use it as a Mac editor to deinterlace the original 1080i footages, crop video size, trim video clips, and add special effects and text/image/video watermarks to output videos. Just follow the guide below to encode Canon VIXIA HF G10 videos to Final Cut Pro X playable format before importing and editing.
How to transcode Canon VIXIA HF G10 AVCHD MTS footage to Apple ProRes 422 MOV on Mac OS X
Step 1. Install and run the MTS Converter for Mac and import Full HD 1080i/p files from Vixia HF G10 into it.
Step 2. Choose Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov) as output format.
Tips:
1) To edit in FCP X with best quality, pls select Apple ProRes 422(HQ)(*.mov).
2) To get a smaller file, please choose Apple ProRes 422(LT)(*.mov).
Step 3. Go to Profile Settings panel and you can set video size and frame rate as you want. Here you can refer to the recommended best video/audio settings as the below screenshot shows.
Step 4. Start Converting Canon Vixia HF G10 AVCHD to ProRes via clicking "Convert" button.
After the workflow, pls click "open" and run your FCP for directly draging and droping the converted video to FCP X for freely editing.
No comments:
Post a Comment